- Flowers. It has been the biggest joy to have a farm share // CSA that allows me to pick a fresh bouquet of flowers every week. I cannot tell you the joy it brings. And my little potted plant garden. I love it! My succulents and african violets are still alive! (let’s just not talk about the lavender plant though okay?)
- My puppy. His goofy love to me is amazing. His cuddles. His gentleness even though he’s a giant. His precious way of sleeping on his back propped up against the couch. This pup is, by far, one of the greatest joys – and definitely brings some of the heartiest laughs.
- My library card. Books bring me the greatest joy. They’re like travels, communities, and an education all in one. I love the feel of a book in my hands. I love talking about books with friends (or strangers who happen upon me in a book store). Books have always been my safe harbor, and library cards are the best budget friendly way to find more!
- Rain. I feel like some of the best things in my life have had rain. Rain has always symbolized growth, comfort, and reminders of love. Rain brings renewal in my life. I love the smell, the feel of a cool rain on hot summer days. The giant puddles to splash in come spring. The blustery days of fall that push people towards community events inside. The way a storm reminds me how small I am; humbling. I love the rain.
- Travel. New places, new experiences, new cultures, and new perspectives. Rain is what renews me, books are what comfort, and travel is what brings me growth. There is no way I could see a new place and not be changed. Each new city I have encountered has taught me a different lesson. Each one I am so thankful for…